Our Client is one of the top-notch busiest private hospitals in Dubai, UAE seeking an Ophthalmology Consultant experienced in Refractive and Cornea Surgery to join their Team and provide their patient with the best consultant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved Rota by the CMO
- Will be responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analyzing the results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow-up
- Will admit the patients under your care whenever indicated within the limits of approved and assigned privileges
- Will prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
- Will explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and your attendants
- Will be responsible for monitoring the patient’s condition and progress and re-evaluate / reassessment and treat the patient accordingly
- Will refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consultant with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- You must take daily rounds for your inpatients and referred patients.
- You must write the patients complete medical record on time and also update the progress notes on same time.
- You should authenticate and sing the medical record/progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. You must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to their patients.
- Will be responsible for approving the discharge summary, follow-ups, medical report of your patients.
- Will ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
- Will direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
- Will contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of your department.
- Will serve on department / hospital comities as requested.
- Will ensure that Islamic Values and medical ethics are respected and strictly observed
- Will be on-call as per hospital policy, as needed and will assume the duties of coordinator of department.
- Working Hours: 48 Hours / Week
- Working Days: 6 Days / Week
- Shifts: Straight Shifts, Morning and/or Afternoon Shifts
- Contract Period 3 Years Renewable
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Family Contract: Candidate, Wife or Spouse and 2 Kids
- On Call Duties: Divided per the number of Consultants
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR Ophthalmology Consultant
- Medical School: MD, MBBS, MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Postgraduate Training: Completion of specialty qualification (Ophthalmology) as per the Recognized Specialty Certificate from the approved countries below
- Fellowship: Refractive Surgery and Cornea Surgery with relevant experience in LASIK and Keratoplasty.
- Clinical Work Experience: Not Less than 3 years of work experience post Specialty Qualification
- English Proficiency Test: Required if the graduate’s education was not taught in English. TOEFL – a minimum score of 500; or IELTS – a minimum band of 5.0; Occupational English Test (OET) – minimum of grade C or equivalent.
APPROVED QUALIFICATIONS / COUNTRIES:
- Australia: Fellowship certificate from the Royal Australasian Colleges; or Membership of Royal Colleges for Dentists; or Registration as specialist from Australian Medical/Dental Council
- Canada: Certificates of Specializations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; or Registration as specialist from Medical/Dental Council of Canada; or Completion of National Dental Specialist Examination
- Ireland: Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist Training (CSCST); or Fellowship certificate from the Royal Colleges of Ireland; or Registration as specialist from medical/dental council of Ireland
- United Kingdom: Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT); or Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST); or Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR); or Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board (PMETB); or Fellowship of Royal colleges for medical specialties; or Membership of Royal colleges only for dental specialties; or Registration as Specialist from General Medical Council (GMC); or Registration as Specialist from General Dental Council (GDC)
- United States of America: Diplomate of American Board issued from ABMS/ABDS boards member
- Austria: Specialty Certificate (Facharzt) from Austrian Medical Chamber (Österreichsche Ärztekammer); or Dental Specialty Certificate (Fachzahnarzt) from Austrian Dental Chamber (Österreichsche Zahnärztekammer)
- Belgium: Registration as specialist (Bijzondere beroepstitel van geneesheerspecialist/ Titre professionnel particuier de médecin spécialiste) from Belgian Ministry of Public Health; or Dental Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics or Periodontics from a Belgian university recognized by Belgian Ministry of Public Health.
- Denmark: Certificate/Registration as a specialist from the National Board of Health (Sundhedsstyrelsen)
- Greece: Specialization degree (Τίτλoς IατρικήςΕιδικότητας) from Greek Region Medical Authority; or Registration as specialist from Prefecture of Attica
- Finland: Specialization degree from a Finnish University, or Registration as Specialist from The National Authority of Medicolegal Affairs
- France: Certificat d’études spécialisées de médecine (CES) from a French University; or Diplôme d’études spécialisées (DES) from a French University; or Diplôme d’études spécialisées complémentaires (DESC) from a French University; or Registration as Specialist/ certificate of qualified specialist (Attestation de médecine spécialiste qualifié from the National Medical Council (Conseil National de l’ordre des médecins)
- Germany: Specialty Certificate (Facharzt) from a state Medical Chamber (Ärztekammer); or Dental Specialty Certificate (Fachzahnarzt) from a state Dental Chamber (Zahnärztekammer)
- Italy: Diploma of specialized doctor (Diploma di medico specialista) from a rector of an Italian university; or Postgraduate Diploma (Diploma di Specializzazione) in Dental specialties; or Registration as specialist from Ministry of Health
- Japan: Clinical PhD Certificate; or Registration as specialist from Ministry of Health
- Netherlands: Registration as specialist from the Dutch Ministry of Health Welfare and Sport (CIBG); or Specialty Board from the Royal Dutch Medical Association (KNMG); or Certificate of entry in the Specialist Register from · Medisch Specialisten Registratie Commissie (MRSC) · Sociaal-Geneeskundigen Registratie Comissie · Registratiecommissie Geneeskundig Specialisten (RGS) · Huisarts en Verpleeghuisarts Registratie Commissie (HVRC) van de Koninklijke Nederlandsche Maatschappij tot Bevordering der Geneeskunst
- New Zealand: Fellowship certificate from the Royal Colleges of New Zealand; or Registration as specialist from Medical/Dental Council of New Zealand; or Membership of Royal Colleges for Dentists or Doctor degree of Clinical Dentistry
- Norway: Specialty certificate (Spesialistgodkjenning) from Norwegian Medical Association or Norwegian Directorate of Health; or Registration as specialist from Norwegian Registration Authority for Health Personnel (Statens autorisasjonskontor for helsepersonell)
- Singapore: Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training from the Joint Committee on Specialist Training (JCST); or Registration as a specialist from Singapore Medical Council (SMC) or Singapore Dental Council (SDC); or Fellowship or master degree recognized by Singapore Dental Council (SDC)
- South Africa: Fellowship of Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA); or MASTER OF DENTISTRY (MChD) from South African universities; or Registration as Specialist by Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- South Korea: Board Certification from the Korean Medical/Dental Association; or Registration as Specialist from Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Spain: Registration as Specialist (Título de Especialista) from Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs or Ministry of Education and Culture
- Sweden: Specialty Certificate (Bevis om specialistkompetens) from National Board of Health and Welfare of Sweden (Socialstyrelsen)
- Switzerland: Specialty Certificate (Diplôme de médecin spécialiste or Facharzt) From Swiss Federal Department of Home Affairs (FDHA); or Dental Specialty Certificate (Fachzahnarzt) recognized by Swiss Dental Association
- DHCA Graduates Approved programs.
- Tax Free Basic Salary USD 9,537
- Housing Allowance USD 5,558
- Transportation Allowance USD 272
- Professional Allowance USD 3,706
- TOTAL SALARY (varies 15% +/-) USD 19,074
- Contract Status: Family (Employee + Spouse + 2 Kids under 18 years old)
- Salary: varies 15% +/- based on your Qualifications, Experience Level & Clinical Privileges
- Health Care: Provided to Employee and authorized dependents
- Annual Holiday: 10 Calendar days.
- Annual Vacation: 30 Calendar days
- Air-Tickets: Provided to Employee and authorized dependents (Once / Year)
- Professional Leave 6 Days per Year
- Incentives: Targeted Incentive Plan will be added to the package
|Joining Date||1 July 2021 - 1 Aug 2021|
|Job Post Expiry||7 May 2021|